{a student's account of life in El Paso}

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Almost Done

Though my time in Texas is not over yet, and I'm still one national exam away from being done with everything midwifery here, I've officially finished with the program! I passed the program's final exam, finished all the homework, and I have my diploma!
At the beginning of the program, the day before we started working shifts in the clinic, we were asked to write a letter to our future selves which we would read at the end of our program. I got it back the other day, and was brought to tears at the truth I was reminded of in the midst of these many hard months. 
As a type of closure to this phase of my life, and of this blog, I share the letter with you:

Sept, 20, 2012
Rejoice in the Lord! Let your gentleness show.
Do not be anxious about ANYTHING, but in everything,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God which transcends all understanding
will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Dear AmyJoy,

     You made it. You finally made it! Through the sleepless nights, through the months of being away from family, through the constant struggle between pride and worthlessness, trying to find the humility to be nothing and the strength of having God at your side. 
     Did you find a friend to uphold you in your faith? Did God prove faithful in those hours of exhaustion and hopelessness? Did you reach out and grab onto Him? Did He remain faithful even when you fell? When you passed through the waters, was He with you? And when you went through the rivers, did they sweep over you? Were you singed in the fire? Or was He faithful?
     See His faithfulness and His care in these past months?! Go forth with confidence knowing that God's Spirit is alive within you. He will guide you and help you discern. The LORD is your Rock. He will uphold you with His righteous right hand. Trust in His promises; they are sure. Trust in His Word; He will never fail you. Now go and use the gifts He has given you to impact the world for His kingdom. Go with God. Be God's. 
I love you for Whose you are.
AmyJoy

No comments:

Post a Comment